Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Cowboys... back like they never left!


One of my favorite pastimes has always been horseback riding. I have ridden in Riverside, California under a canopy of stars, sans lighting (with the exception of the silver glow of watchful moonlight). Then there was the mountainous region on the San Francisco/ Oakland border, which was simply breathtaking. However, neither of these experiences compare to the times when my boys Tony and Carlton and I would drive out to Clinton, Maryland and select horses and ride like we were modern day cowboys. We still debate who stood tallest in the saddle.

Evidently, I'm not the only one who likes the cowboys (God help my Dallas Cowboys!)... it seems fashion designer Adam Kimmel has looked to the wild, wild west to inspire his S/S collection. A recent editorial in 'Arena Homme' Magazine featuring the 'The Black Cowboys Of New York' showcases a few of the collection's offerings...








Click here for more photos.




No comments:

Post a Comment