Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Blues for the Sneaker Seekers...


'when spring is in the air, I often get the blues
but deez blues is different, cause it's really 'bout the shoes
see 'ery since i was a 'shorty, i just loved me some blues
cyan, navy and azure... that's that cool ass blue that soothes...
you can color me bad and i'll be good, but I still see blues...
all day, every day... it's all about the shoes.'             

I love to get dressed, but every now and again I feel compelled to dial it back to a care-free swag. More often than not I anchor this laid back style with a trainer, and that's when I become a 'sneaker-seeker.' Last night while on my proverbial quest I came across these...


Y-3's Honja Hi trainer isn't for the average joe... I mean, there not blue suede or anything, but you'll probably feel like your on some Elvis 'ish' if you lace these up! The textured navy leather whispers, 'that cat right there is on another level', but the white midsole brings it back down to earth so that the mere mortals can witness...





The Honja is part of the on going collaboration between Yohji Yamamoto and Adidas known as Y-3. This union debuted in 2003, and features sportswear for men and women in addition to some of the illest trainers on the planet.


1 comment: